Lactose and Gluten Free. Low Fodmaps
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (yummy)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten free corn flour
- Olive oil
- Parsley to top.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Toss shanks in a flour until covered.
- Add a small amount of oil and shanks to a hot pan and brown on both sides.
- Mic cornflour with water and set aside
- Add tomato sauce, mint, oregano, lemon juice and cornflour mix in a saucepan and heat until well combined.
- Place shanks in a large casserole dish, and pour warm sauce over the top. Cover and place in stove for two hours. Turn once during cooking.
- Serve with mash, steamed veg or rice and top with parsley.