- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or can use 1 x teaspoon homemade minced garlic,
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) gluten free soy sauce or kecap manis
- 2 x scotch fillet steaks
- Baby spinach, handful x 2
- Lettuce mix, handful x 2
- 1/2 red onion or salad onion,
- 1 x Tomato
- 1/8 x Cucumber, sliced or diced
- Avocado, cubed (Depends on individual taste)
- Mint, 5-6 leaves/person
- Parsley, fresh
- 1 egg, hard boiled, half each, cubed.
- 1/4 red/green capsicum, diced
- Carrot, made into strips with peeler, or grated.
- Pine nuts
- Mix garlic, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and if using honey, in a bowl, then use to coat steaks. Alternatively, marinade for as 30 minutes-24 hours.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat, add steaks and cook for 4 minutes (reduce heat if the marinade starts to burn). Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Rest steak under foil for 5 minutes.
- Assemble salad
- Slice scotch fillet into strips, place on top of salad
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pine nuts