Lactose, Gluten, Soy and Nut Free
- 550 grams-1kg gravy/casserole beef, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced and diced
- 1 can whole or diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 litre gluten free beef stock
- 3-4 medium potatoes (peeled or with skin on)
- 2-3 medium carrots, chopped
- 50 -100 grams butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, quartered
- Garlic powder, 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed or 2-3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 4 rasher of bacon, diced.
- Place gravy beef, onions, can of tomatoes, stock and bacon (if using it) in a large saucepan. this stage. Add a generous amount of garlic.
- Simmer on low for two hours or more until beef is tender. Add potatoes, carrots, butternut pumpkin and mushrooms. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favourite gluten free toast product.