Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Nut, Corn Free. Paleo Friendly.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- juice, 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- zest, 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey (if you don't have raw honey, just use normal honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In another bowl combine applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the applesauce mix to the dry ingredients and mix. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Line a muffin tray with paper or silicone patty pans. You can also spray with kitchen cooking spray or or grease well with dairy free margarine. Divide mix evenly among each patty pan.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- Remove from oven, cool. After 10 minutes or so remove to wire rack to finish.
- If you get excited, you could top with my Fluffy White Icing recipe once they're completely cooled.