Gluten Friendly*, Dairy, Nut, Corn Free
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Salt (if desired)
- Small Ziploc bags
- Place 1/2-1 cup of oats in blender or food processor (if you blender can handle a whole cup or try 1/2 at a time. Nifty thing about my food processor is the small bowl that came with it. It's perfect for this) Blend oats until powdery.
- Place 1/2 cup unprocessed oats, 2 tablespoons of powdered oats and a little salt into each ziplock bag. You can omit the salt if you desire. Store in an airtight container.
- Empty contents of bag into a bowl (you could also use a large cup). Add 3/4 cup of boiling water into bowl, stir the oats. If you love thicker oats, add less water. Thinner oats-More.
Jazz up your oats:
At any of following when making up your oats:
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons chopped dried apples. Add some sugar too if you desire extra sweetness.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. (Make your own DIY brown sugar with this recipe)
Questions: What other combinations can you come up with? Be adventurous and Eat Simply Now.