Lactose, Gluten and Nut Free
- 750g (approx) Beef Casserole Steak
- 1 x tin condensed tomato soup or 1 x tin of Italian diced tomato (or equivalent)
- 3 x large garlic cloves (crushed)/3 x tablespoons of minced garlic/1 x tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 x onion (sliced)
- 250ml gluten free beef stock (may need less for slow cooker)
- May need gluten free cornflour to thicken sauce
Optional Ingredients (I add these to mine)
- 2 x potatoes (cubed)
- Mushrooms (diced chunky)
- 1 or 2 x celery sticks, (sliced)
- 1 x carrot(sliced)
- 1 x parsnips (diced)
- Pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 x tablespoons fruit chutney
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce* (Depending on the brand may not be suitable for gluten intolerant people)
- Place all the ingredients (except cornflour) in either a casserole dish/large pot/slow cooker depending on your preferred cooking method
- Cover. Place in oven on 160 degrees Celcius/low heat on stove top
- Cook for 2 or more hours. The more the meat cooks the more tender it becomes. I leave mine for 3 hours sometimes, and add more stock if required.
- For slow cooker, cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- If sauce is too thin for your taste. Make a paste of gluten free cornflour with water and slowly add until you reach the desire consistency.
- Serve with rice or over mashed spud.