Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Egg, Nut and Corn* Free
- 5 tablespoons dairy/lactose free margarine/spread
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free or corn flour. *Use GF all purpose for corn allergies.
- 4 cups dairy/lactose free milk
- 1 cup dairy/lactose free cheese (optional)
Like This? Why not Share it? >>>
- In a medium saucepan, heat the margarine over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add hot milk to the margarine mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Add in cheese if using it. Season with salt, pepper and set aside until ready to use. (If it gets lumpy, I usually use an electric beater to remove the lumpiness and smooth out the sauce)