Lactose and Gluten Free
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
Harriet Van Horne
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1.5g chicken pieces (chicken fillets, thighs, drumstick and drumettes.You can also cube the chicken as well)
- Combine oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, turmeric, five-spice and chilli powder in a large bowl or Ziploc bag. Add chicken and coat well. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. ( 374 ºF). Line tray with quality baking paper. Place marinade and chicken pieces in a baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice, stir fry, steamed vegetables, delicious salad.
Please peruse our Products page.