Lactose and Gluten Free
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large leek, white part, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or two teaspoons store bought minced garlic
- 1/2 red and/or green capsicum, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 100-250 grams button mushrooms, wiped and halved ( I love mushrooms and add a lot)
- 1 litre gluten free chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (to thicken sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add chicken, season with pepper, and cook stirring often, until no longer pink. Transfer chicken into a bowl/plate and set aside.
- Add leek to the pot, cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 3 minutes until just softened. Add capsicum, garlic, sage, thyme, and marjoram , and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add in mushrooms and capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in chicken stock, stir well. Add chicken. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add cornflour (made into a paste with water) near the end to thicken the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper if required, stir in chopped parsley.
- Serve with rice.
*Alternatively to make into a soup, add 1 1/2 litres of gluten free stock and follow steps 1-4 except and cook for 15 minutes. Add cornflour to thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper if required to taste. Top with fresh parsley.