Gluten & Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- 1 kg corned beef
- 1 teaspoon gluten/dairy free french onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- Store bought or homemade minced garlic
- All purpose seasoning (Could use Tuscan seasoning, oregano. Experimenting is the key)
- Salt (Can be omitted)
- Roasting bag
- 5 tablespoons dairy/lactose free margarine/spread
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free or corn flour
- 4 cups dairy/lactose free milk
- 1 cup dairy/lactose free cheese (optional)
Like This? Why not Share it? >>>
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit or closest temperature mark)
- Wash meat with tap water
- Score the surface of the meat with a sharp knife, rub surface with a little salt, all purpose seasoning and a healthy amount of minced garlic.
- Mix gluten/dairy free french onion soup mix with water
- Place meat and soup mix into the oven roasting bag, tie bag.
- Place meat in roasting pan, casserole dish or on a tray in over for 1.5 hours.
- 5-10 minutes before roasting, open bag to allow it to crisp up.
- Serve with roast vegetables, my easy on the side potatoes and a selection of steamed vegetables. Drizzle white sauce over the meat.
Dairy Free White Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat the margarine over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add hot milk to the margarine mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Add in cheese if using it. Season with salt, pepper and set aside until ready to use. (If it gets lumpy, I usually use an electric beater to remove the lumpiness and smooth out the sauce)