Lactose, Gluten, Nut, Corn, Egg Free and Low Fodmaps
- 900 grams fresh strawberries, washed and hulled ( I know it's a lot right) This makes 6 cups so you could halve or quarter the recipe)
- 4 cups sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries in batches, transferring them to a large heavy-bottomed saucepan after each batch has been crushed.
- Add sugar and lemon juice to strawberries. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high and bring strawberry mixture to a full roiling boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat and continue to boil until mixture reaches 105 degrees C, stirring frequently.
- Transfer jam to plastic containers or clean sterilised jars. Wait until cool. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or frozen for up to one year.