Lactose and Gluten Free
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 100g gluten free bacon, sliced
- 1-2kg butternut pumpkin-peeled, deseeded, chopped roughly.
- 1 -2 two carrots, chopped roughly*
- 1/2-1 sweet potato, chopped roughly*
- 2-4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 litres gluten free beef stock
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan ober medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes, add bacon. Cook until bacon in browned and onions and celery is tender.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato and stock, cover and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer and cook for 25-35 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. *The smaller you cut the veggies the quicker they'll cook. Set aside to cool slightly. I sometimes add in some whole peppercorns at this point.
- Use a blender or food processor, blend soup in batches. Return to the pot. Taste. Season with cracked pepper. Stir over warm heat until warmed through.
- Serve topped with lactose free sour cream and crusty gluten free bread for dipping.