Lactose and Gluten Free
1 cup unsalted oven roasted peanuts (if you can't find them roasted. It's easy to do.)
Peanut oil (Optional)
Maple Syrup (Optional)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup warm water
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
1-2 garlic cloves minced or 1-2 teaspoons store bought or homemade minced garlic
Water or beef/chicken stock if cooking as a stir fry sauce
- *For peanuts that aren't already oven roasted. Put oven on 160 degrees C (320 F). Spread peanuts onto a tray and cook for 15 minutes. They can burn quickly so watch them and sample as you go.
- Let cool a little and transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth takes about 5 minutes. Add a little peanut oil, salt and maple syrup at a time. Keep sampling until you're happy with the texture and taste. You can just make pure peanut butter by just using only peanuts. This will make 1/2 a cup.
- Whisk or process the peanut butter and water together. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Use as a stir fry sauce for most meat or as a dipping sauce.
- If using as a stir fry sauce need to add water or beef or chicken stock, a little at a time to get mixture to a sauce consistency.