- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, skin-on
- 4 cups filtered water, plus more water for soaking almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or two whole pitted date (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt (optional
- Soak the almonds in water overnight or for at least 8-10 hours.
- Drain the water from the almonds and discard.
- Blend the 3 cups of water, almonds and dates, until well blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth or other strainer. (You should be able to find a cheap strainer bag in the supermarket, $2 store or similar. Any fabric shop will stock cheesecloth. If you get stuck new or clean tights/panty hose or a tea towel may also do the job.)
- Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
- Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and pinch of sea salt and blend on low to combine
- Pour into a clean glass/plastic container with lid (if you've got one) and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates.