Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Nut Free
- 1 x 400 gram (13.5oz) can of coconut milk. Premium full fat coconut milk not light/fat free or it won't whip.
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar (powdered sugar in the US). If you don't have icing sugar you can use normal sugar or even some maple syrup.
Like This? Why not Share it? >>>
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow the coconut cream to separate from the coconut water. This is an important step, so don't skip it otherwise this recipe won't work.
- Just before you whip the coconut, place the intended mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool it.
- Carefully pour the top liquid, the coconut water into another cup/container. You can freeze this for later use, drink it as is or in a smoothie.
- Place the rest of the contents of the tin into the cooled bowl.
- Mix with an electric beater (mixer) on high and add the icing sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beat for 3 to five minutes, until you start to see peaks. (Like what happens with traditional cream)
- Place in refrigerator. It does harden up considerable and will need to be whisked before serving. Lasts 1-1.5 weeks.