- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa or raw cacao powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut + ¼ cup for rolling
- 2 Tbsp honey (raw is best)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp brewed coffee (I just use what’s leftover from the morning)
- ¼ tsp sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except the chocolate chips. Process the ingredients until uniform (sometimes I need to stop to redistribute the ingredients, as it may ball up).
- Remove mixture into a large bowl and add the chocolate chips.
- Mix in the chips by hand until well distributed.
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place additional ¼ cup of shredded coconut in a small bowl.
- With your hands, roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut to coat and place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and enjoy.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.
Check out Family Gluten Free for more delicious recipes.