"A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness."
ELSA SCHIAPARELLI, Shocking Life
300g medium dried rice noodles
2 x carrots, finely sliced
1 x cucumber, finely sliced
1/2 x Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 x bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
1/2 x bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1/2x cup plain, unsalted roasted peanuts (These can be omitted. Can also used slivered almonds)
Sesame seeds to top (Can also top with parsley)
1 tbs gluten free sweet chilli sauce
1 tbs gluten free salt soy sauce
4 skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
1 x clove of garlic, peeled or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 -2 x teaspoons minced ginger
1 x red chilli or 1-2 teaspoons minced chilli
1/2 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
1 x teaspoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 limes, juiced
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water, stirring regularly to separate.
- For the chicken, mix the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and coat the chicken. Lightly grease a non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and grill the chicken for 7 minutes one side until crispy and golden, and then flip and cook the other side. (approximately another 7 minutes). Set aside to cool for a few minutes then slice or shred.
- Put the peeled garlic and ginger, chilli and top basil into a processor with the sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil and juice of 3 limes, then process until fine. If you don't have a processor, process in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the carrots, cucumber, cabbage, mint and coriander into a big bowl, then add the sauce and toss.
- Drain the noodles, add to the salad bowl with the sliced chicken and toss together
- Scatter with the toasted nuts and poppy seeds and serve with lime wedges