“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
― Julia Child, My Life in France
- 500 grams (1 pound) flank or skirt steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or can use 2 teaspoons of pre-made or homemade minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons gluten free corn flour
- Olive oil
- Toss the steak strips with the corn flour in a large bowl.
- Heat some olive oil in a large non stick fry pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the steak to the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Add the minced garlic, soy sauce, water and brown sugar, stirring frequently for about 5-10 minutes. The sauce should reduce and thicken.
- Serve over rice, stir fry and/or salad.
Check our Recipes here.
Read Reader's Food Allergy/Intolerance/Sensitivity Stories here