Lactose and Gluten Free
- 2 chicken fillets or your favourite steak (We prefer scotch fillet), sliced into narrow strips
- 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables. This depends on your tastes. (Can throw in a mix of frozen vegetables as well. Suggestions: Carrot, red/green capsicum, broccoli, broccolini, bean sprouts, bok choy, baby spinach, mushrooms.)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped.
- 3/4 cup gluten free cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 gloves garlic, minced or 1-4 teaspoons of minced garlic or garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger or 1 -2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Canola/olive or peanut oil
- Optional: 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Cut chicken or steak into narrow strip and vegetables into strips/chunks.
- Place 3/4 cup cornflour in a large bowl, mix in 1/2 cup water, stir until combined. Whisk in two eggs.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or fry pan
- Add chicken/steak to the cornflour mixture and then add to wok/fry pan
- In separate bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar, spring onions and ginger.
- Once chicken is nearly cooked add garlic cloves and saute.
- Add vegetables, and sauce mixture to the wok/fry pan. Stir & then simmer until everything is heated through and cooked to your liking, and coated with sauce.
- Serve with rice.