Lactose and Gluten Free
- 400 grams of lean beef strips or you could use ribeye, sirloin and I've even used scotch fillet cut into strips.
- 50g lactose free margarine or 50g butter (Nuttelex Olive, Olive Lite, Original, Lite, Kosher, Pulse are all dairy free) If you don't want to use this step, just use a 2 teaspoons of oil.* Traditionally, the sauté comes from the butter.Lactose free margarine, doesn't do butter justice though.
- 25g of finely chopped shallots
- 125ml lactose free cream
- 50 grams button mushrooms. Mushrooms mmm I add heaps and cut them in quarters.
- juice 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Lactose Free sour cream (if you can find it)
- Gluten free corn flour (May need to thicken)
- Add half the margarine/butter /1 teaspoon oil into the fry pan over a high heat
- Add the beef strips, season with salt and pepper and allow to cook rapidly for a minute. The beef should be brown but not overdone.
- Drain beef and set aside
- * Add rest of the margarine/butter/oil add the mushrooms and shallots, cover and allow to cook gently until tender
- Add the cream, reduce by a quarter.
- Add lemon juice and the beef strips, do not let it boil even lactose free can curdle.
- Taste. Add more seasoning if you desire.
- Add a tablespoon of lactose free sour cream
- If needed dissolve 1 teaspoon of cornflour in water, and add slowly to pan to thicken.
- Serve with gluten free pasta and top with fresh parsley or a mega salad.