Lactose and Gluten Free
Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826)
- 3-4 pieces Tasmanian salmon fillet, skin on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Place salmon in a shallow container large enough to hold the salmon pieces, mix the soy sauce, mirin and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Coat both sides of the salmon with the mixture and arrange pieces skin side up in the container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (Can marinade in as little as 15 minutes but salmon won't be as flavoursome.)
- Heat a little olive oil on medium high within a fry pan. Remove fish from marinade. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more. Set aside and cover with foil.
- In fry pan/saucepan, add marinade and reduce until sauce has thicken. (This step can be omitted). Drizzle over salmon.
- Serve with a scrumptious salad.