Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1-2 salmon pieces or 1 x 220 gram can.
- 1 x large onion grated
- 2 x large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 x granny smith apples (you can omit these if the idea isn't appealing)
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 egg whites
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 150 degrees celcius
- If using fresh salmon, cook in a parcel in oven or pan fry. Place fillet pieces skin side up onto individual rectangles of baking paper (2 x larger than fillet)
- Fold paper from the bottom of the sheet first, then length wise over fish.
- Place salmon on extra baking paper onto a tray or spray with olive oil.
- Turn the folded parcel face down onto the tray
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, let cool
- Flake, salmon, into a bowl and set aside
- Combine all ingredients whether fresh or canned salmon
- Line a loaf tin with lettuce leaves and spoon in salmon mix, press down well
- Cover the top with lettuce leaves.
- Place loaf in a water bath in a oven and bake for an hour or until firm (Water bath: larger tray or casserole dish with water in it. Do not over fill that the water may splash in when it heats.)
- Serve hot or cold with a salad or as a slice.