Lactose and Gluten Free
- 6 lean pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 6 tablespoons dry red wine (Recommendations: Cabernet Sauvignon- you can also use this in my Beef Bourguignon recipe or perhaps Merlot, Pinot Noir or Shiraz)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 10-12 button mushrooms
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic, crushed. Can use minced garlic.
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 can tinned tomatos
- 1/2-1 green capsicum, sliced
- Broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Heat some oil in a fry pan. Brown chops in each side and transfer them to a plate.
- Pour off most of the fat and add garlic, oregano, bay leaf to fry pan and cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and boil briskly reducing the sauce down by half. Stir in the tomatos and tomato paste, add the chops and baste. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Fry peppers and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, transfer with broccoli to pork chops.
- Cover and simmer until chops and vegetables are tender and sauce is thick.
- Serve with mash potato, rice and/or steamed vegetables.