Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or two teaspoons store bought minced garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 1/2 kg ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 litre gluten free chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 140 grams tomato paste
- Olive oil
- In a large saucepan heat some olive oil, add onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add potato, capsicum and basil. Stir over high heat for two minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock, bring to boil. Season to taste, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour semi covered.
- Add tomato paste, stir well and cook for a further 15 minutes uncovered.
- Purée in blender and serve hot.
- Add some lactose free cream if desired.