Lactose and Gluten Free
- 60 ml mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 60 ml gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
- 4 x 125 gram Tasmanian salmon fillet, skin on.
- Mix the mirin, brown sugar and soy sauce in a ziploc bag or dish and marinate salmon for five minutes, if you want more flavour , leave longer. (but trust me you'll get some flavour). It's better in a dish that will hold all the fish at one time.
- Cook the salmon in the hot fry pan, for 5 minutes, skin side down or until crispy, then turn the salmon over, add the marinade and cook for another 3 minutes. (Mmmmmm)
- Remove the salmon. Add the rice vinegar to the hot pan, and warm through.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon.
- Serve with a scrumptious salad, stir fry and/or rice.