Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup finely slice mushrooms
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 425g tin tomatoes in Italian herbs (Can just be in plain juice)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut or crushed or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- Stir fry onion, capsicum, celery, mushrooms an carrot in 1/4 water or a little oil for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and cook gently with lid on for an hour
- If using mince, fry until brown 15 minutes before sauce is ready, and add to sauce at the end.
- Serve with gluten free pasta and top with parsley.