Lactose and Gluten Free
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup polenta
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 x egg, whisked
Coconut oil or olive oil for frying
salt & pepper
- Heat oil in frypan
- In a bowl, combine the mustard and the honey. Put the chicken pieces into bowl, stirring until all of the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- In another bowl, combine the polenta, sugar, sesame seeds and shredded coconut. Add in a few shakes of salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- In another bowl whisk egg mix
- When the oil is very hot, take a piece of the chicken from the sauce bowl, dip in egg mix and then drop it into the polenta mixture bowl. Turn to coat all sides. Slowly drop it into the frying pan. Repeat until your frying pan is full. Ensure none of the pieces touch each other.
- After a few minutes, check to see if nugget is golden and crispy, flip all of the remaining pieces. Cook on the second side for another few minutes.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or if they're a snack tomato sauce or suitable dipping sauce.