- 1.4kg piece lean pork belly, boned
- 2 teaspoons chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius, fifteen minutes before cooking.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pork skin in a criss cross pattern. Don't cut all the way into the flesh though.
- Rub salt evenly over the skin and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix together five spice powder, garlic. sesame oil, hoisin sauce and honey until smooth. Rub the mixture evenly over pork skin.
- Place the pork on a plate and chill in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- Line tray with baking paper or foil. Place the pork on a wire rack set inside a roasting pan and roast in oven for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until the pork is crisp and juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
- Remove pork from the heat. Leave to rest for 15 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Serve with a crisp succulent salad.