Lactose and Gluten Free
- 500grams sirloin steak (sliced into thin strips) *If you fancy any other steak try this too.
- ¾ cup cornflour
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 large carrot, julienned or sliced
- 3 spring onions, whites, chopped
- Baby spinach, handful
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, minced or 1-2 tablespoons store bought minced ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or 5 teaspoons store bought or homemade mince garlic
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Olive oil for frying
- Optional* 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a bowl add cornflour, gradually add water while whisking.
- Beat eggs into cornflour/water mixture. Add sliced steak strips and toss to coat.
- Pour some olive oil into a wok or fry pan heat oil until oil is hot enough to fry the steak strips.
- Add a quarter of the steak strips at a time to the wok/fry pan.
- Separate with a fork and cook stirring frequently until crispy. Set on paper towels to remove excess oil. Repeat until all the steak is gone
- Drain oil out of the wok/ fry pan except for 1 tablespoon. Add green onion, carrots, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds-1 minute or until vegetables are cooked to your liking. Add soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes if using allow to boil. Add beef and heat thoroughly.
- Turn off heat. Stir try spinach leaves.