Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free diced bacon or ham ( You can omit these if you desire)
- 1/2 white onion, diced or you can use a shallot.
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup frozen veggies or you can use the fresh veggies you have in the house. I add spring onion, capsicum, bean shoots and bok choy.
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or alternatively use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or minced garlic.
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk or fork. Heat oil in a non stick wok or fry pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook for 2 minutes, turn over and cook the other side for two minutes until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into short strips.
- Add bacon/ham and onion to wok or fry pan. Cook for 3 minutes until light golden.
- Add carrot and bok choy and capsicum (if your using these) and stir fry for a minute.
- Add frozen veggies, rice and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg, bok choy leaves, bean shoots, spring onions and soy sauce. Stir until heated through. Add more garlic and soy if needed.