Lactose^ and Gluten Free*
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, cut into rough shapes.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 4 tablespoons of oil * See alternative baking method
- 1 cup of plain flour can combine with wholemeal flour. * Gluten Free alternative: Coconut flour and/or gluten free flour. (Can combine half/half)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 x teaspoon of Massell's Chicken Style stock powder (Massell's has no gluten or lactose)
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of tarragon
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
Note: If you can't tolerate all of these herbs and spices add extra of the ones you can. Alternatively try any of the following: fennel seeds, mint, chilli, ginger, tumeric, curry, mustard powder or ginger. Experimenting is the key.
- Baking method: Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Finely grind all ingredients minus flour in a mortar and pestle. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, try grinding through pepper grinder or get a knife, and chop it up, fine tune with the bottom of spoon. Don't worry too much if it's not a fine powder.
- Sift flour and ground herbs in a hand sifter. This will aid in grinding the herbs down further.
- Place dry ingredients in a clean zip lock or plastic bag. If using crushed cornflakes and/or oats add at this stage. (Crush organic cornflakes inside a zip lock bag with a rolling pin, leave oats as they are)
- Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, the with the flour mixture in the bag. Make sure each piece is covered completely with the flour.
- At this stage you can either bake in the oven or fry them.
- Baking Method: Place chicken pieces on tray. Spray with Olive/Macadamia nut spray. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once in cooking until brown and chicken has cooked through. If using larger pieces like drumsticks may need more time or vice versa smaller pieces, less time.
Frying method: Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered. Once browned, cover the pan and keep frying on a gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.