Lactose and Gluten Free
- ½ cup gluten free plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (Could use spring onions)
- 1/3 cup lactose free milk
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- ½ an avocado, finely diced
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- olive oil (for frying)
- salt, more or less for taste
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine the milk, egg and whisk to combine before pouring into the dry mixture. Mix well, add the corn kernels, avocado and onion, mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add olive oil to the pan. Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with a salad, steamed veggies or crunchy stir fry.