Lactose and Gluten Free
- 2-3 skinless chicken breasts fillet, pepper to taste
- 1/2 -1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup corn flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon gluten free soy sauce
- Corn flour paste for thickening: 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or over medium heat. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces & toss chicken pieces in the corn flour.
- Cook the chicken and onions in the pan for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking, until chicken is cooked through and crispy on the outside and onions are fragrant.
- In a small saucepan mix together all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine cold water and corn flour for the thickening paste and add to the sauce.
- Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook a couple more minutes until thick.
- Add sauce to chicken/onions and stir to coat.
- Serve with rice and/or yummy salad