Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1-3 chicken breast fillets , cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 500 grams fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 large garlic cloves, or 6 teaspoons of homemade or store bought garlic mince
- 3 cm chunk of fresh ginger, or about 1 tablespoon store bought minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: Cashews, sesame oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Slice the chicken into bite sized cubes
- Place the chicken in a bowl or ziploc bag, sprinkle with cornflour. Add the soy sauce. Coat. Let rest in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is just about cooked.
- Carefully transfer the meat to a dish and cover with foil. Drain any excess liquid from pan.
- Add a little more oil to pan and add the broccoli. Toss to coat, then add the water and cover with lid. Reduce the heat to medium and let the broccoli steam for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and push the broccoli to the sides of the pan. Add the garlic and ginger mixture to the fry pan and let it cook for about a minute, until it is fragrant. Stir to combine. Add the chicken back to the pan and add the sauce. Combine. (If you wish to add some cashews put them in at this step)
- Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring and tossing occasionally, for 3- 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and is evenly coating all the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve by itself or over rice.