Gluten, Dairy, Corn, Soy, Egg Free
- 4 lamb chops, cutlets or loin (whatever cut you desire)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar of your choice
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl, mix together rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15-30 minutes or overnight to absorb the flavors.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops into pan, and cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the pan, and keep warm either under some foil or in a low oven.
- Add shallots to the pan, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the pan, then stir in the chicken stock. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. It is important that you stir until reduced. Remove from heat.
- Pour over the lamb chops, and serve with salad or a side of vegetables. Try my Potato Pancakes or Something Special Sweet Potato Fries.