Gluten, Lactose, Corn, Egg, Nut* Free
I use chicken thighs with bones in. Who wants to pay extra for chicken thighs without bones? I found the ones without bones were sometimes 2 or 3 times more than the cost of the chicken with the bones in. My package of 4 cost me $4.40. I got the beans (they call them beanettes for some reason.), on special for $2.00 and there was heaps in the packet. Had the herbs and spices, brown rice and soy sauce already so a pretty cheap meal. I also added some apple, celery and onion to bake with the chicken. They break down and make the chicken sauce even better.
- Chicken thighs bone in x 2 each per person.
- 1 x brown onion, sliced.
- 1-2 Royal Gala apples, cut into thin slices
- 1 -2 sticks of celery, cut into small pieces
- Herbs and spices. I add whatever I have one hand at the time. It's all about flavour. Try different combinations over time and see which ones you like the best. This parcel had garlic paste 1-2 teaspoons, 1-2 teaspoons of lemon grass paste, paprika, 1-2 teaspoons of fruit chutney, sprigs of parsley, 1-2 teaspoons gluten free chicken stock powder and pepper.
- Olive oil* I sometimes add a very small amount. Other times I make this I don't add any.
For Rice Dish:
- 1-2 cups of brown rice
- Green beans
- Pine nuts or almond * Can omit these if there are food sensitivities or allergies.
- Packet of ready cut stir fry vegetables. I used the $3.00 Woolworth packet.
- Gluten free soy sauce
- Boil rice up until cooked. I sometimes have left over rice in the fridge so I use that. Can be made ahead of time.
- Place chicken onto foil. It doesn't matter how many pieces go onto the foil. You can add as many as you are serving. The more chicken the better the quantity of 'sauce'. Add all chicken dish ingredients you to add.
- Wrap chicken in foil.
- Bake for 45-1 hour in a 200 degree oven (392 (or close enough to) degrees Fahrenheit) until cooked.
- 5 minutes before chicken due out of the oven. Place some oil in a fry pan. Add rice. Stir for a few minutes. Throw in beans, pine nuts, a handful or three of the pre-cut stirfry vegetables, add a dash of soy sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven and very carefully drain sauce from parcel into rice mix. Stir. Taste. Add some pepper.