Gluten Friendly*, Lactose, Soy, Nut and Egg Free
- 800g thin beef sausages
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 cups gluten beef or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (if required)
- Garlic Powder
- 1-2 potatoes cut into smallish cubes
- 1-2 medium carrots chopped
- Handful spinach
- Pumpkin, cubed
- 1/2 Red, green or yellow capsicum, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- Boil whole sausages for 5-10 minutes in water until tender, strain. Chop sausage into chunky pieces when cool to touch. (Mum used to do it this way). You can also heat some olive oil in a large, saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, in batches, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over and then transfer to a large plate.
- Add onion, garlic into saucepan, cook stirring for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add curry powder, stock and garlic powder. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir in thawed frozen vegetables . Season with pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice.
- Follow steps 1-2 of the easy way method. Add potatoes, carrot & pumpkin at step 2.
Allow to cook until soft.
- 5-10 minutes prior to completion. Add in mushrooms and capsicum, cook to desired softness. Season with pepper.
- Add baby spinach right at the end and stir through. Serve with steamed rice.