Lactose and Gluten Free
- 800g beef rump steak
- 1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated gingeror 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced or 1 -2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Place soy sauce, mirin, sugar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into a ziploc bag or dish. Add steak. Coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain steak. Reserve the marinade. Heat oil in frying pan and cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side for medium.
- Transfer steak to a plate and cover loosely with foil to allow it to rest.
- Add reserved marinade to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Thinly slice steak, serve with stir fry and/or rice. Drizzle with sauce.