2 cloves garlic, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cm piece of ginger root, grated or 1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 onion, chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped. Can substitute a green chilli or omit altogether. Can also substitute for 1 teaspoon mid-hot chilli powder or minced chilli.
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 Teaspoons gluten free soy sauce or tamari
1 quantity of fresh tomato sauce (see below)
Fresh Tomato Sauce
*Note you can pre-make this and/or freeze.
1 onion, chopped
1/4 red capsicum, diced
1/4 green capsicum, diced
1/2 cup broccoli florets.
1 clove garlic, crushed or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon curry
2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped. ( You can always get the tinned version that's already peeled or use a sharp knife to peel away the skin)
3 tablespoons gluten free tomato paste
2 teaspoons gluten free chilli sauce
black pepper to taste.
- Cut steak into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Saute garlic, ginger, and onions for one minute
- Add chilli and nutmeg and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
- Remove from cook top and add lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper and mix well. Cool.
- Add meat and mix well. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Cook meat until just brown and combined with fresh tomato sauce until warmed through.
Fresh Tomato Sauce:
- Heat oil on pan on medium. Saute onion, capsicum, garlic and curry powder for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli sauce and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce is reduced and thickened. Add broccoli florets near the end.
- Add to beef when meat has just turned brown. You don't want to overcook the meat.
- Serve with rice.
Please peruse our Products page.