Lactose and Gluten Free
Depends on how many people are eating and what you prefer. Try some scotch fillet, eye fillet or rump x 1 for each person. Alternatively, if you don't feel like that much meat halve each piece and enjoy.
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger or 1/2-1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- 125g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated or stripped using a peeler.
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 2 cups lettuce mix, to serve
- 1 cup mint sprigs, to serve
- Avocado, cubed
- 1/4 red/green capsicum
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- 1 sprig of coriander
- Dressing: Add all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine. Adjust taste your your liking. Add more of less lime juice and omit the chilli if you want. Alternatively, have lime wedges, and chilli in a small bowl, so that whoever wants those, can.
- Noodles: Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand, stirring occasionally to separate the noodles and when soft, drain.
- Steak: Grind a little salt and pepper over the surface of each side of the steak. Place a small amount of olive oil in non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook steaks as desired. We have medium so about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan, cover loosely with foil and rest. * If you like mushrooms, cut button ones in half or quarters and cook at the same time. When steak is resting, place over the top of mushrooms.
- Broccolini: Cook in a little boiling water in a saucepan until tender, and then drain.
- Slice the rested steak into thin pieces.
- Combine noodles, salad vegetables, sliced steak and broccolini in a large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss well to combine.