Lactose and Gluten Free
― James Beard
- 4 pork chops ( 1 per person)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar *
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Season chops with salt and pepper
- Add olive oil, allow to get hot, then add pork chops and cook over medium high heat until well browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove pork chops to plate, lower heat slightly, and add vinegar and sugar and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Put pork chops back into pan with any liquid collected onto plate, and cook about 4 minutes, turning several times to glaze pork chops with sauce. Serve hot, with sauce poured over.
- Serve with mash, steamed vegetables, rice or salad.