Lactose, Gluten, Soy, Nut and Egg Free
- 5 tablespoons dairy/lactose free margarine/spread
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free or corn flour
- 4 cups dairy/lactose free milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- Dairy free cheese, grated
- 1-2 cups of gluten free pasta, cooked
- 1/2 -1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- Dried parsley (optional)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the margarine over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add hot milk to the margarine mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Season with salt, pepper and set aside until ready to use. (If it gets lumpy, I usually use an electric beater to remove the lumpiness and smooth out the sauce)
- Add pasta to boiled water, and cook to your desired consistency. Throw the frozen veggies into the same water 5-7 minutes prior to the pasta finishing, to cook them. Drain.
- Add pasta, tuna, veggies, onion powder, garlic powder to pot with white sauce. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to an oven dish. Top with lactose free cheese and gluten free bread crumbs. Add some more black pepper and/or dried parsley. Cook in the oven until bread crumbs are toasted.