Gluten, Dairy, Nut, Corn* and Egg Free.
- 2 tangelos
- 450 grams (1 pound) pork fillet (tenderloin), trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced. Can use 1 medium onion, thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons homemade minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 red & 1 green capsicum (bell peppers), thinly sliced
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or gluten free tamari.
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch) or *arrowroot (if corn sensitive)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil or your preferred cooking oil.
- Using a citrus zester, zest tangelo rinds. Cut the tangelos in half and squeeze enough juice to get 1/2 cup.
- Heat a wok or fry pan over medium-high heat. Add in 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add pork and cook, stirring, until just cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon of sesame oil to the pan along with shallots, garlic, ginger, paprika and zest. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add capsicum and celery. Cook, stirring constantly, until tender (but not soggy) for about 2 minutes. Stir in the tangelo juice and gluten free soy sauce; bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk vinegar and cornflour in a bowl. Pour it into the pan along with the pork and its juices. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and the pork is heated through. 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or by itself.