Lactose and Gluten Free
- 8 drumsticks (but if you're making this dish for a party or a feast just double or triple the recipe. You can also use this recipe with fillets, wings, maryland...Your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger or 2 tablespoons of store bought minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced /2 tablespoons of homemade minced garlic or store bought.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (I use Mexican chilli. Medium heat.) You can also omit this.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Salt and pepper
- Mix together all ingredients together in a bowl to make a smooth paste. (If using ginger from the root and cloves, a mortar and pestle might be easier to mash the ingredients together)
- Prick the chicken all over with a sharp knife.
- Combine paste and chicken in a ziploc bag or shallow dish and marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, but you can leave it longer.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack in a roasting pan for 45 minutes until cooked through. (I use quality baking paper on the bottom of oven tray. It collects the drips and you just whip the paper out and throw it away. Easier for cleaning up.
*Alternative #1: Place baking paper on the bottom of a deep oven tray. Place the chicken in the pan and pour the marinade over the top for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
*#Alternative #2: Grill on a BBQ until cooked through.
*#Alternative 3: Use fillets and pan fry until cooked through.