Gluten, Lactose, Soy, Egg and Nut Free
- 4 x beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced/diced
- 2 rashers shortcut bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon gluten free corn flour
- 1/2 cup red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Burgundy or Pinot Noir)
- 1 cup gluten free beef stock
- Button mushrooms whole/halved or quartered.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 large potatoes
- Heat up a little olive oil in a saucepan. Add onion, bacon and garlic. Fry, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine gradually, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil.
- Add stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add a little oil if necessary to a frying pan. Heat over high heat. Add steak once pan is hot. Add mushrooms to pan and cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Let steak rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash: Peel and chop. Place in water within a saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until soft. Mash with lactose free margarine and milk.
- Place steak over mash potato, top with mushrooms and spoon over red wine sauce. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables.