Gluten, Lactose, Soy, Egg and Nut Free
- 2kg leg of lamb
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary (Optional)
- 8 potatoes, peeled, cut into halves
- Butternut pumpkin pieces x 4 (This will depend on how much pumpkin you like. I am a pumpkin fanatic so I have a biggish piece for me.)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place lamb in a large baking dish. Make 3-5 long incisions across the lamb.
- Juice 1 lemon half. Combine with 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cut remaining lemon into small pieces. Push lemon pieces into incisions. Brush lamb with oil mixture and roast for 20 minutes.
- In remaining oil, toss potatoes and pumpkin, oregano, salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes and pumpkin around lamb. Return to oven and roast for 60 minutes. Remove lamb from tray. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 230°C. Cook potatoes and pumpkin a further 15 minutes or until crisp. (Sometimes I leave the lamb in the oven and remove vegetables to another tray to crisp up. I find they tend to stew when left in the roasting pan. Arrange them in a single layer, not touching each other.)
- Remove lemon pieces and serve with a selection of steam vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, beans and corn.