- 1/2 orange, peeled, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, cut into chunky pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks (Can use wings, maryland or fillet)
- *Optional: Generous pinch of red-pepper flakes
- Combine orange, garlic, rosemary, vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and red-pepper flakes (if using) in a food processor; blend until orange is chopped into small pieces and mixture is well combined.
- Season chicken with pepper. Place in a large sealable ziploc bag. Pour marinade into bag and seal. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 2 and up to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and place on grill. Cook, turning often, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad or stir fry.
- Alternatively, place chicken on baking paper in a 200°C oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Can place some of the marinade over the top. Turn chicken once or twice whilst cooking.