Dairy, Gluten, Corn, Egg, Soy, Nut Free
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 2 teaspoons store bought or homemade minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger or 2 teaspoons store bought minced ginger.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1kg chuck steak, cut into rough cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- Mint leaves
- olive oil
- Combine coriander, cumin, turmeric, pepper, chilli, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a bowl to form a paste. Set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan or fry pan over high heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add spice paste. Cook for 1 minute. Return beef to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until meat is coated with paste. Add tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Remove lid. Cook, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Serve with rice. Top with mint leaves. If you have the desire. Try my Dairy Free Sour Cream