Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 14 garlic cloves
- 5 lemons, halved
- 2 large thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 8 potatoes, peeled quartered
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, cut into generous cubes
- Frozen vegetables of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius or 180 if fan forced.
- Place baking paper into the bottom of a roasting pan
- Pat chicken with paper towels. Peel and chop 4 garlic cloves.
- Place 2 lemon halves, chopped garlic and thyme sprigs into cavity. Put into pan.
- Arrange potatoes and pumpkin, unpeeled garlic cloves and 6 lemon halves around the chicken.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon halves and pour half the juice over the chicken and the rest over the potatoes and pumpkin. Add a small amount of oil over the chicken and potatoes. Season with pepper.
- Roast for 1.5 hours until vegetables and chicken are golden brown and juices run clear.
- Place frozen vegetables in steamer 20 minutes prior to serving chicken.
- Carve chicken, drizzle with pan juices and serve with vegetable