- 10 chicken legs or chicken thighs
- 1 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 spring onion stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (Can you commercial pre-packaged ginger)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the marinade. In a zip lock bag, combine the chopped spring onions, garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Zip the bag shut and mix the marinade around
- Add the chicken legs/thighs to the marinade. Close the bag, mix well and allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for at least four hours, or overnight.
- Get the BBQ firing. Place the marinated chicken on the grill. Cook each side roughly 15 minutes. Brush on some of the marinade to keep the chicken moist. Because of the sugars in the marinade Serve hot with a yummy salad.
*Can cook on a fry pan but won't get the same brownness.